I love playing Scrabble, especially with random strangers. I always learn a new word or two. Here are some new words I learned from my latest game:
1. Vodou – (n) vodun, a primitive religion in the West Indies. Doesn’t that make it a proper noun, though?
2. Prex(y) – (n) a president. *sigh* as if ‘prez’ as a shortened form wasn’t enough.
3. Knar – (n) a bump on a tree. Huh. Who knew?
4. Doolee – (n) a stretcher for the sick/wounded. The stretcher has a name!
5. Jeed – (v) to gee. Go figure.
All definitions were taken from the Merriam-Webster Scrabble Player’s Dictionary.